In Flower This Week
A weekly news sheet prepared by a Gardens' volunteer.
Numbers before each plant refer to temporary IFTW labels in the gardens.
Numbers in square brackets [ ] refer to garden bed Sections. Plants in flower are in bold type.
21 September 2012
Philotheca myoporoides subsp. acuta
click for larger image
Today we visit the Rock Garden
- As you leave the Visitors Information Centre on the right is Philotheca myoporoides subsp. acuta [Section 174] showing white star flowers with pink buds on a neat bush.
- Bear left up the hill to see Grevillea ‘Goldfever’ [Section 124],a long flowering small shrub with butterscotch yellow spider flowers.
- Acronychia littoralis [Section 114] is a small tree with glossy leaves and clusters of small greenish-yellow flowers.
- Banksia spinulosa var. spinulosa [Section 109] is a small tree covered in upright gold brushes with deep red styles.
- Overarching the path is Acacia melanoxylon [Section 104], a large tree with pale yellow balls of flower.
- Chamelaucium ‘Cascade Brook’ [Section 17] is a type of Geraldton Wax with pink five-petalled flowers with maroon centres on an airy bush.
- As you enter the Rock Garden Homoranthus flavescens [Section 15a] shows acid yellow blooms with red buds on arching sprays of fine needle foliage.
- Acacia pravissima ‘Kuranga Cascade’ [Section 15h]has drooping triangular foliage with bright golden balls of flower.
- Acacia pravifolia [Section 15f] is a small upright bush with fluffy golden balls.
- Allocasuarina grampiana [Section 15b] is a tall upright shrub with pine like foliage and deep red fluffy flowers along the stems.
- A small bush with cream rods on pale green holly-like foliage is Grevillea monticola [Section 15d].
- Grevillea manglesii subsp. manglesii [Section 15d] is a large shrub with white starburst flowers.
- Homoranthus darwinioides [Section 15f] has small red/cream pendent bells on a bush with dark green foliage.
- Daviesia horrida [Section 15f] has extremely spiky foliage and deep yellow/red pea flowers.
- Epacris gunnii [Section 15m] is a spindly small upright shrub with white flowers along the stems.
- Brachyscome ‘Strawberry Mousse’ [Section 15r] is a groundcover with pink daisy flowers with gold centres.
- Lysiosepalum involucratum [Section 15r] has delicate purple bells with dark centres hanging from a prostrate bush.
- Ricinocarpus bowmanii [Section 15r] has white flowers with pink stamens on yellow green whorled foliage.
- Zieria adenophora [Section 15k], has burgundy foliage studded with tiny white flowers.