'Non-plant' Photos in the ANBG Collection
The Australian National Botanic Gardens
has built up a collection of photos depicting a wide range of habitats, vegetation
types, horticultural resources, people and images relevant to the history
of the Gardens.
A more complex search can be made.
Use this link to search for photos illustrating Australian vegetation.
How to use the non-plant photo search for the ANBG Photo Collection
- Enter query in boxes on the right.
- The tick-boxes on the left determine what will be displayed.
- The boxes in the centre column can be numbered to show the display order.
- No fields are mandatory but please exercise care in the structure of queries and the use of wildcards to avoid excessively large reports.
- Date is: year-month-day ie. 17 May 2009 = 2009-05-17, the digit wildcard is an underscore, ie decade 1970s = 197_%
- Photos that show ANBG Sections can be found by putting in 'Assigned Title' the value %Sect.174,% for Section 174
- Key words should be preceded by a + symbol and separated by commas if a combination of key words is wanted
- Key words should be preceded by and separated by commas if any of the the key words are wanted
ie + rainforest, creek returns photo records for a creek in rainforest, both are key words
ie , vine, liana returns photo records where vine and/or liana have been used as key words
- Not all 35mm slides have been digitised, so entries without thumbnails might appear on screen.
- To restrict your search to digitized photos only, put a % (ie wildcard) in right-hand box of 'Photo Cd id' at bottom